Mrs. Rae Jones of Sketty Park, Swansea, recorded 13/10/2014
(Interviewers Tudor and Janet Price.)
- Description of father’s working life at King’s Dock Tinplate Works, and a visit to the site as a child.
- Parents able to take on house purchase in a relatively comfortable early life in Grenfell Park.
- Walked to Gregg’s Commercial School.
- Forward Movement Chapel, Port Tennant Road…Outings, Sunday School, Operetta, and full attendance.
- Grandmother had 21 children.
- Graphic personal war time description of devastation of Swansea Town centre.
- War work in YWCA and American Service men.
- Old Kilvey and route to Foxhole Road and the White Rock penny boat to Hafod side of town.
- National Dock Labour Board…full details of daily hiring; hire companies; war time wages and changes to pay days.
- Rationing after the war and extra coupons!!
- T. W. Thomas Ltd.
- Family life and early Spanish holidays.
- Bay View Club, Port Talbot Sandfields.
- Going to Church and not going.