View of the old site looking across the river from where the remains of the Vivian Engine Shed is today. On the river is one of the wooden-clad quayside structures. Just in front of the slag tip in the right middle of the picture is the one remaining wall of what was once part of the Vivian’s silver and lead processing plant. It was constructed around the start of the 1870’s, at the same time as the incline and flue system up Kilvey Hill. It is thought that the building on the right hand bank of the river was a boiler house (with its square plan chimney) and pump house. The other buildings on the right hand middle of the photo eventually formed what may have been the lead pipe works.
Photograph © Crown copyright: Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales