The Local & Family History Fair 2015 will be held for the fifth year at the National Waterfront Museum on Saturday 10 October. Formerly Local History . . . Live!, the event has been expanded to reflect the varied interests of participants and visitors.
The 60 Second Show and Tell starts at 2pm. Root through your sheds and attics and bring an object to baffle the Museum’s curators – watch them squirm as they try to explain an object without hesitation or deviation in just one minute!
Organisations participating include:
- Amman Valley Railway Society
- Bryngold Books
- Caswell Photo Restoration
- Mynyddbach Chapel Society
- Neath and Tennant Canals Trust
- National Waterfront Museum
- Penllergare Valley Woods
- Royal Institute of South Wales
- Swansea Community Boat Trust
- Skewen Historical Society
- Swansea Canal Society
- Swansea Railway Modellers Society
- Swansea Your Story
- Treboeth History Society
- Historical Association
- Llansamlet Historical Society
- Connected Communities
- Hafod-Morfa (Copperopolis)
- Friends of White Rock
- People’s Collection Wales
- National Library of Wales
- Cynefin Tithe Maps Project
- Dylan Thomas Bus
The ever-popular Oxfam Book Swap will be in full flow.
We will be serenaded by the Aberdulais Water Wheelers choir, and children will be able to try their hand at the printing press.
The Fair is open all day, admission free. Organised by the Swansea Branch of the Historical Association.